Ians film catalogue
- Colour print
- Colour slide
- Black and white
- External links
Fujifilm Superia 400
Iâve gone through over a dozen rolls of this stuff. Itâs a pretty good print film. It does have grain that sometimes gets in the way, but it is cheap and easy to get processed. It's my fall-back film.
- 2008-01-05 - Shot two rolls at Glenn and Tania's wedding reception. It was dim and even 400 was on the slow side.
- 2008-03-06 - Started a roll at the end of the tour of the new KHS.
- 2008-10-13 - Sarah and Zac.
- 2008-11-09 - Chifley dam and Flatrock.
- 2008-12-07 - Stayed overnight with Andrew and his family.
- 2008-12-25 - All sorts of holiday snaps
- 2008-12-30 - Glenn's 25th birthday
- 2009-02-21 - More niece and nephew.
- 2009-04-10 - Ditto.
- 2009-04-11 - Alissa's birthday.
- 2010-02-27 - Canberra and Cowra on the way back
- 2010-04-02 - FoSC (cars) up at the mount
- 2010-07-10 - Andrew and Alissa's new house in West Bathurst.
- 2010-12-25 - Christmas
- 2011-02-05 - Races at Mount Panorama on Saturday before the 12 Hour race.
Fujifilm Superia Reala 100
This is a pretty good print film. Certainly not as good as say Provia but definitely less grainy than Superia 400. Unfortunately all of my examples here have been converted to greyscale and digitally toned!
- 2007-04-11 - Alissa's birthday and the rest of their visit. Finally finished off on their next stay in June.
Fujifilm Pro 160S
- 2007-09-29 - Meant to test out the first roll, but ended up wasting most of the roll on fireworks and other stuff at Alex's on two separate nights. Got a good photo of Andrew with his birthday cake.
- 2007-12-25 - Christmas photos of the family, but mostly of my niece and nephew. Finished before the wedding on the 5th.
- 2008-01-05 - Shot two rolls after Glenn's wedding, in the park and later at the reception.
- 2008-10-11 - Andrew's 30th birthday party.
- 2009-07-02 - Bateman's Bay, Malua Bay.
- 2009-07-18 - Parkes Observatory.
- 2009-09-? - Flowers, Mount Canobolas, and the start of Gary's 50th birthday.
- 2010-01-01 - Canberra - Tidbinbilla, Questacon, Red Hill, Black Mountain.
- 2010-01-04 - Black Mountain, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Mount Pleasant.
Konica Centuria pro 400
- 2008-01-29 - My first roll of medium format film.
- 2008-02-25 - Accidentally dropped a roll when trying to load it into my Pentacon Six. Got another out of the fridge and loaded that for some night photography up at the mount.
- 2008-08-09 - My niece and nephew during a weekend visit. Possibly some of Olympic park.
Fujifilm NPZ 800
- 2008-02-07 - My second MF roll, photos of Sarah and Zac.
- 2008-03-23 - Easter with my niece and nephew.
- 2008-05-03 - Started a roll in my Pentacon Six at Paola's 30th birthday party, in the evening.
- 2008-08-23 - Olympic park at night and inside the QVB.
Fujifilm NPS 160
I got some slightly expired 220 rolls of this film from before the rename (and reformulation?).
- 2008-03-16 - Fog, trees, car, sky, sunrise/sunset, and some of my niece and nephew at the end.
- 2008-05-03 - Shot a roll in my Pentacon Six at Paola's 30th birthday party. The kids loved the jumping castle.
- 2008-06-15 - Photos of frost and test shots after adjusting the focusing screen and flocking the inside of my P6.
- 2010-04-04 - FoSC (cars) up at the mount
Fujifilm Pro 400H
A faster version of 160S?
In 135 format:
- 2009-05-06 - Niece and nephew at their Pendle Hill home, Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- 2009-05-10 - Mother's Day lunch with Grandma at Mingara, Scott's graduation.
- 2009-07-03 - Parliament House.
- 2009-07-18 - Parkes Observatory, Gasworks, misc.
- 2009-12-31 - Museum of Australia, Mount Stromlo, Tidbinbilla.
In 120 format:
- 2011-02-06 - Mount Panorama pit area just before the start of the 12 Hour race.
Fujifilm Pro 800Z
- 2009-05-14 - Parliament House, Mount Ainslie, War Memorial.
- 2009-10-16 - Gary's 50th birthday.
- 2010-04-03 - Surprise early 30th birthday dinner for Alissa
- 2010-04-04 - Late 60th birthday dinner for Dad, more photos of cars up at the mount, and night photos.
- 2010-08-28 - Andrew and Alissa's house-warming party, flowers.
Cheap junk I tried when I first got my 35 mm SLR in early 2005.
- 3 Ã Agfa Vista 200
- 3 Ã Kodak Hi-def 200
- 1 Ã Kodak Gold Max 800
Fujifilm announces they're making a new Velvia. Oh well. It looks like Velvia 50 will be around a while longer.This is a legendary slide film. I finally got five rolls of Velvia for my 30th birthday. Just when it looked like it was finally running out,
- 2005-11-04 - Sky and clouds mostly.
- 2006-11-18 - The Three sisters.
- 2007-02-28 - Sky, clouds, sunsets, fireworks, Bathurst at night.
- 2007-03-17 - Macro water drops, sunrise, foggy morning, clouds and sky with polariser.
- 2007-11-10 - CSU Mitchell library at sunset, clouds with polariser, grass, etc.
- 2008-02-16 - Visited Scott in Canberra; photos from the top of Mount Ainslie. Some shots of a foggy morning and finished at the new KHS.
- 2008-04-17 - My last roll of Velvia classic. Trying to photograph the deciduous trees change colour for Autumn.
- 2010-09-25 - Rallying, flowers.
- 2011-02-04 - Cars in the Mount Panorama paddock area on Friday before the 12 Hour race.
Fujifilm Provia 100F
An awesome slide film. I just have to remember not to over-expose it. I got five rolls off of eBay early in 2006 and didn't finish them until late 2007. Provia seems to have really good reciprocity - I was able to rescue quite a lot of shadow detail in many shots.
- 2006-05-04 - Sky, garden, a few star-streak shots.
- 2006-07-10 - Morning frost on cars, sky and clouds down at Learmonth park.
- 2006-08-28 - Sunset, blossoming flowers, clouds, bees and flowers.
- 2007-02-02 - Panorama from the roof, trees, sky, dew, moon, all sorts of stuff.
- 2007-08-28 - Lunar eclipse, ? (lost notes)
- 2009-05-05 - Hornsby fountain, Hyde park fountain.
- 2009-05-08 - Darling Harbour, Pyrmont bridge at night, Three Sisters.
- 2009-05-13 - Black Mountain Tower, Parliament House.
- 2009-07-01 - Bateman's Bay, Moruya Bay.
- 2010-04-02 - FoSC (cars) up at the mount
Fujifilm Provia 400X
In 120 format:
- 2008-08-23 - Olympic park @EI 1600.
- 2008-08-26 - Long exposure of car lights over the Bradfield highway (leading on to the harbour bridge).
- 2008-10-28 - Flowers in the backyard.
- 2008-12-11 - Christmas lights around Kelso, Bathurst, and Windradyne.
- 2011-01-23 - Black Mountain Tower and the view
Black and white
Kodak Tmax p3200
- 2005-10-18 - Night photos. Pushed to EI 3200 but I still under-exposed most of the roll.
Ilford PanF plus 50
For a slow film, PanF plus sure does have high contrast.
- 2006-06-17 - Sarah, including the start of her first birthday party.
Ilford Delta 3200
- 2006-07-03 - Night shots taken during a walk one cold and foggy morning.
In 120 format:
- 2011-02-06 - Two rolls shot just before the 12 Hour race.
Ilford FP4 plus 125
A good black and white film. A little on the slow side however.
- 2006-08-15 - Cloud photos using the red filter on my fisheye lens, plus Sarah and the family at Glenn and Tania's engagement dinner.
- 2006-12-30 - Some of Sarah before Andrew and Alissa left after Christmas. Then a bunch of miscellaneous shots, and visiting Andrew and Alissa after Zach's birth.
- 2007-02-16 - A few of Bathurst, then Sarah, Zach and Ellie.
- 2007-04-01 - A junk yard, another bridge and more train stuff, Zach and Sarah, Alissa's birthday
- 2007-06-02 - More photos of my niece and nephew on their weekend visit.
- 2007-06-24 - Early-morning frost. Removed half-way through and restarted on 2007-10-12 for Andrew's birthday. Finished with night photos of the bridge into town and the skateboard park.
- 2010-10-17 - Motor Show.
- 2011-01-23 - Black Mountain Tower and the view, Cowra, Bathurst, then the Mount Panorama paddock area on Friday before the 12 Hour race.
- 2011-02-04 - Mount Panorama over the three days before and during the 12 Hour race.
Ilford HP5 plus 400
ISO 400 is a nice general speed for a lot of stuff. I got a bulk film loader and 30.5 m roll of HP5 plus in mid 2007.
- 2006-11-18 - Two shots at a petrol station and then all sorts of things over the next two and half weeks.
- 2007-03-30 - Went photographing for an assignment Scott had.
- 2007-07-15 - Short experimental roll of 12 exposures from my bulk loader.
- 2007-07-26 - Experimental roll of 16, pushed to EI 3200. Fully exposed one cold morning, only one good photo came out.
- 2007-08-05 - Longer experimental roll of almost 26, pushed to EI 800.
- 2007-08-12 - Out looking for places to take wedding photos with Glenn and Tania. Some photos of Sarah and Zac.
- 2007-08-18 - Some photos of Sarah and Zac. Fisheye photos around the house.
- 2008-01-05 - Shot two rolls on the morning of Glenn's wedding at home, the ceremony, and then in the park.
- 2009-02-17 - Courthouse and MacHattie park.
- 2009-02-28 - Test out Yashica Electro 35 GSN.
- 2009-03-10 - Night photography, pushed to EI 1600.
- 2009-03-19 - Dairy Farmers in Bathurst, niece and nephew.
- 2009-04-11 - Alissa's birthday.
- 2009-04-12 - Niece and nephew.
- 2009-05-04 - Paramatta and Wentwork park.
- 2009-11-30 - Mount Panorama.
- 2009-12-22 - Mum's 60th birthday.
- 2010-08-13 - High river, thinking statue, Denison bridge.
- 2010-08-25 - Bathurst, Andrew and Alissa's house-warming party
Cheap B&W Chinese film. At AU$32 for 10 rolls of 120, who could say no? So far this seems to be a pretty good, old-fashioned, cubic-grained B&W film. I did seem to get a bit of a halo effect with the high-contrast âtree tunnelâ photos on the second roll. And my stupid P6 is mucking up the frame spacing so I only get 10 frames on a roll of 120 instead of 12 or 13.
- 2008-12-31 - My niece and nephew playing indoors and in the backyard.
- 2009-10-30 - A test roll after having my P6 serviced.
- 2009-01-26 - Perthville on a very hot Australia Day.
- 2010-05-05 - Late International Commie Camera Day (May Day) photos.
- 2010-10-17 - Darling Harbour.
Fujifilm Neopan Acros 100
- 2009-12-23 - Christmas.
- 2009-12-30 - Boorowa, Mount Stromlo, Black Mountain.
- 2010-01-04 - Canberra - Mount Pleasant, Lake Burley Girffin, Parliament House.
- 2010-02-01 - Bathurst and later FoSC (cars) up at the mount
- 2010-05-09 - Mother's Day lunch with Grandma Tester at The Entrance. Also Sarah's 5th birthday party in the park.
- Fujifilm professional and consumer films
- Kodak professional films
- Ilford consumer and professional films
- VisionGraphics - Only colour print (C-41) and slide (E-6), but also does 4Ã5â and 8Ã10â large format